Sunday, April 27, 2008
war protest
A couple of months ago I went downtown to participate in a protest against war, mainly Iraq war. ON my way there, I didn't have any expectations. I thought it was going to be a small thing. When I got there, the first thing I noticed was the number of young people that showed up. There were a lot of groups from various universities. Everybody was expressing their feeling and held nothing back. I think it showed a lot about our country, we might not agree with the war or high taxes, but we have an incredible amount of freedom. I imagined if this protest would have been going on in another country, how would the government react? They would probably end it in a violent manner and throw a bunch of people in jail. But, here, in USA, these people openly talked about their feelings towards the war without being scared. After i was there for about an hour, people started showing up. And by the time we started marching, there must have been a million people. It just shows how much these people actually believe that they can make a difference. And another thing that I found very interesting is when this grandma came up to me and said, "It's a great thing you guys are doing, you're young, and are going to have to live in this country!". I found it very interesting. The point of this hole thing is if you wanna change something about your life or this country, don't stay home and just complain. Get out of the house and go do something about it!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment